Monday 25 August 2014

Prayer for Doctors, Nurses and Other Health Workers.

Sanctify, O Lord, those whom you have called to the study and practice of the arts of healing, and to the prevention of disease and pain. Strengthen them by your life-giving Spirit, that by their ministries the health of the community may be promoted and your creation glorified; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Holy one, as we begin this day, I ask for your guidance. With your divine hand, Inspire, lead and give thy wisdom. Throughout this day, may your grace be ever present in this healing place. Bless our team, our hospital, our unit, as we gather to help those in need, Let not your help be far away. We seek your strength and ask that you give spirit as we make decisions for the good. God of love, teach us to give our best, to speak with love and act with courage. May we be good stewards of all the gifts you have given. Amen. An Ordinary Nurses Prayer Lord as I work today please protect my patients and my co-workers. I don’t know them and I don't have the right to judge any of them. I want to help as much as I could and my presence to be a gift to them. Impress upon my heart to see each one of them as "who" they are Not as to what they look like, how cooperative or aggressive they are But to be able to see deep down their eyes that… I truly care. Open my heart to listen to what they are trying to say Be able to read between the lines why they are shouting And reach out to tell them that I am just there listening. Extend my arms to touch them when they are in pain and weeping. Give me the presence of mind that I am caring for a human being. Where touch, hug and smile is as important to boost their well-being. Lord I thank and lift you up today, May I bring smile and joy to you always Through my own simple nursing ways. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment